Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

My visit in Gilchrist County...

August 16, 2015

A wonderful thing happened to me this week! As I was leaving Gainesville a wonderful blessing came upon me.

I was talking with the manager of the hotel that I was staying while trying to recover from my long journey across the counties of Florida.

Ms. Alice McQueen mentioned during our chat while checking out that she lived in Gilchrist County.

I decided to drop by to map out my course when I returned and to my surprise I would a perfect trail for running and biking. The site along the trail was so beautiful and share along every step of the way.

It so happened that the trail was in front of the Gilchrist Public School of Trenton Elementary School.

Please do check the pictures below:





The very nice lady in the picture is Joyce and she was putting the final touches on her bus as was preparing the bus to get the children to school on time for the first day of school on Monday, August 17, 2015.

The trail was one of the best walking, running, and cycling trail that I have been on. I did not have to worry about my ride and risk of being hit by a motor vehicle. I got to meet a teacher as well which remained me of that last minute details for the classrooms for the opening day of the school year that I have experience for 14 years in the classroom.

The other joy of the day was meeting two wonderful students who helped me with taking pictures and sharing their excitement of starting school on Monday. The people of this county is very nice.

It all started when I got to the border of Gilchrist and was standing there admiring the new county. I wanted very badly to have a picture before starting my running and cycling. Spence a young from Arkansas stopped by as I was starting my training. It was nice and this wonderful kindness never stopped the entire time I was in Gilchrist County.




A great way to start a journey in a new county. Each person I met in this county was very nice and friendly.

Please stay tune for more of my exciting journey across Florida.

Joseph

No comments: