Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Americanism on full display...

August 26, 2015
 
Today I would like to take a moment to give out two special things that have recently touched my heart. Both of these events have given me hope that as we move into the month of September that this will be the greatest month of celebration of our Constitution ever since this month was declared as a time to show off our love for our country and share in those values which make our nation so great.
 
The bravery and courage of our military service men and women has never been questioned when they have been called upon to service and defend our nation. In times of war or defend of our nation freedom both at home and aboard, we have and will always be able to count on our military to defend our nation.
 
The actions of the heroes recently who risked their lives to prevent the bloodshed upon that train in France is the type of things our men and women are doing for our citizens every moment that they are called to service. The actions of U. S. Airman Spencer Stone, U.S. National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos and their long time friend Anthony Sadler were rewarded at the ceremony in France with the French President pinning on the Legion of Honor. 
 
The story of the greatness of the American spirit does not stop there but I want you to read something else that happened which is going on everywhere within our nation as well. Tim Boyle and his wife came together and made sure that the family got to the ceremony in time to witness the presentation. I am sure that it took a lot of coordination with the governments of each nation to work with Tim Boyle in order to make this happen for our heroes and their families. 
 
It is this type of spirit of cooperation that makes our nation so strong. These are the type of stories I know that should be on the headlines of our news because they are going on every day within our country. If you care to read more, I invite you to follow this link that my dear friend Virginia Bailey forward to me yesterday.  
 
I have a friend here at Bentley whose son works for the firm whose boss proved their Americanism this past week and got the 3 mothers of the men who stopped the slaughter on the Paris train to Paris for the awards ceremony.   Here is the article .   PS-  I do think that the President himself must have approved this ‘unusual’ stretching of the rules, so here is at least one kudo for him………
 
 
Finally, I would like to post on this blog something that I shared with my friend this morning just before starting my day:
 
Cory, Barbara, Linda, Brenda, Mike Wilmoth, John, Denise, Julie, and others viewing my blogs; I deeply appreciate you following my journey across Florida. I will accomplish the mission by Labor Day of having been in each county promoting the Constitution. It is my hope and prayer that I would have convinced enough Floridians and organizations to provide enough support so that each of our 200,000 fifth grade students will have a copy of the United States Constitution booklet as they move forward to middle school, high school, and start their young adulthood in college or their pathway in the continuing journey of life. It is my hope that this September be the best celebration of our Constitution during my lifetime and those flames of patriotism burns much brighter forever.
 
Yes I do believe in the greatness of the American spirit and I do believe that Americanism is shown all over the world and the citizens of our great nation are proving it every day.
 
Please think of some ways you can do or give a little extra to make this September 2015 the best celebration ever of our United States Constitution. I believe it is time to show that we are glad the government said September 17th would be Constitution Day and we as American took it to Constitution Week and now we should make this a celebration for the entire month as well as a daily part of our lives.
 
Joseph

No comments: