Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Three more counties down and revisit to Collier County...

August 8, 2015

Wow! What a joy, excitement, and hard work these past two weeks have been. If I failed to post something on this blog you have to know that so many things consumed my time.

My great friend Ginny often states, "Joseph, you just have too many irons in the fire." I now believe her because I hardly had time to think these past two weeks.

I felt as if I was reacting every minute of the day and sometimes it was hard to figure out the day of the week for me. However, I am glad to report after a long day rest yesterday and a long night sleep I am prepared to catch you up on some of the wonderful things that kept me away from this blog page.

I would have loved to report


that my journey to Leon County and dancing in the streets of Tallahassee were completed but that is not the case at this time.

No worries, I will soon be beating the pavement of Leon County and completing my journey across Florida in Key West.

The detours in Volusia County, Seminole County, Orange County, and my second 27 Miles Across Collier County were worth every moment and all the energy invested.

Attached is just a few of the pictures and details that you will find when I continue this blog from my journey across Florida.


Something to think about while you are waiting for my next posting:

At the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked, "What have you wrought?" He answered, "...a Republic, if you can keep it."

As I completed these two weeks, I knew for sure that if any of you reading this blog would ask me my the same question my reply would be the same as Ben Franklin.

Joseph

No comments: