Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Constitution Week continues...

September 22, 2015

When I learn how to bring over a copy of the Proclamation from Governor Rick Scott I will post the document here on the blog as well just as I did on the Face Book page. Until that moment please note that the Proclamation ends soon:

CONSTITUTION WEEK
 
 
WHEREAS, the Constitution of the United States established a foundation for the success of our nation through core beliefs such as popular sovereignty and limited government; and
 
 
WHEREAS, Constitution Week was officially declared and established by President Dwight D. Eisenhower on August 2, 1956...
 
 
 
 
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Rick Scott, Governor of the State of Florida, do hereby extend greetings and best wishes to all observing September 17-23, 2015 as Constitution Week.
 
 
Please see how I started my Constitution Week and when I the observing of Constitution Week ends tomorrow I will hopefully have internet connection and share with you how I ended my celebration of Constitution Week. Until September 23, 2015 please observe some of the great fun and excitement that I am having on this very special week of Constitution Week (September 17-23, 2015)
 








 
In my next blog, I will explain the importance of these pictures during Constitution Week!
 
 
Many has asked me often what are those bracelets you wear on your arms. This means to me that you do not have one yet, thus I have done a poor job of letting you know that this is one of the fundraisers that I use in order to get Constitution booklets for our youth across Florida.
 
If you would like some of the bracelets and support the fundraiser, you find the bracelets come in two styles:
 
  1. Bracelet on my arm is the Constitution Bracelet
  2. Bracelet on the arm of the model is the Military Bracelet
Those bracelets can be purchased for $5.00 each which means that now it will be possible for five youth to have a personal copy of the Constitution booklet.
 
I will provide you more about this opportunity at the end of Constitution Week.
 
"It is fitting and proper to officially recognize this magnificent document and the anniversary of its creation" - Governor Rick Scott (11th day of September, in the year two thousand fifteen)
 
Joseph


No comments: