Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Dedication to 9-11-2001...

September 13, 2015

I am often asked how long can I cycle and my response is always as long as it takes for me to reach my goal. As many of you know, I love running and cycling.

I was forced to return to Southwest Florida this week due to my camera so full that I could not get anymore pictures. I not only learn how to download my pictures and save them in multiple places but I accomplish another mission on my journey across Florida.

When I returned to Naples something just entered my mind that I wanted to accomplish as part of my celebration and tribute to the "Memory" of 9-11-2001. I wanted to tie it into my journey across Florida and on 9-11 and 9-12 it became a reality.

Please check out my story of my way of keeping the memory of 9-11 alive:

These counties are now history and part of my story of how I chose to remember 9 -11-2001...I was teaching on that day (which is something that I love most in life) and as I was taking my break and went to the teacher's lounge; my reaction will and shock will forever be in my mind.

This year, I decided that those foolish people will never stop our American Dream, our Way of Life, and will never take away our Freedom. Thus, on this weekend which started on Friday, September 11, 2015; I turned disappointment of having to leave finishing the Panhandle journey for this week into something that I will never forget.

My 100 Miles... along with running of 35 miles









This is just part of my journey across Florida in celebration of the "Memories" of 9 - 11.
The counties covered on this weekend included:

  1. Brevard County  - Viera, Florida (Melbourne)
  2. Indian River County - Vero Beach, Florida
  3. St. Lucie County - Fort Pierce, Florida
  4. Martin County - Stuart, Florida
  5. Palm Beach County - West Palm Beach, Florida
The people I met in this area of Florida are just amazing. I know that this area will get those fifth grade students their Constitution booklets and I believe that they will do the same for the seventh grade students as well.

Please stay tune for the other postings coming your way.

"Our core business is to create challenging engaging and satisfying work for every student every day"

The first thing you see when entering the doors of S. Lucie County Public School District.

Once I get permission from the school district, I will post this on my Face Book and other Educational material because this is truly what we should be striving to accomplish all over this nation.

Joseph

No comments: