Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Did you know continues...

September 24, 2015

Yesterday ended the official Constitution Week by the Proclamation that Governor Scott gave me for celebration in Florida by observing September 17 - 23, 2015 as Constitution Week.

I had one of the greatest Constitution Week that I can ever remember. I was given able to locate my great friend Jack Bovee and thank him for writing all those letters and staying on top of our elected government officials in making this week of celebration possible.

You will get plenty of more information about my exciting Constitution Week that I can promise you my good friends!

However, I will now give you another important fact. Instead of a fact about the USA, I will give a fact about one of the counties from our Sunshine State:

I actually learned this important fact during my journey across Florida while visiting Key West!


Did you know that Monroe County is actually the largest county in Florida by total area.

More than 99 percent of the Monroe County population lives in the island chain known as the Florida Keys.
 
If you knew that you are probably a real Floridian, I think you should make a point of going out of your way to thank your social science for a job well done of making sure you knew this great fact about Monroe County.
 
Just to give those of you who did not know this fact, I want to share with you something else very important that you should know when you visit Key West!
 
 
Monroe County was actually names after President Monroe.
 
Now you know two interesting things about Monroe County and not just the fact that Key West is the County Seat.
 


 
 
 I actually got an opportunity to cycle across that land area and cruise along some of that water area from Monroe County. I cannot wait to take my drive from Naples to Key West in October to celebrate my accomplishment of the journey across Florida.
 
Joseph
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: