Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Monday, July 13, 2015

I have rested and now my journey continues...

July 13, 2015

I have learned so much on my journey across Florida so far and met so many amazing Floridians along the way.

I am going to finally get both Broward and Miami-Dade out of the way today.

My MapMyRide gave me so many problems in my trip to Polk and Okeechobee Counties that I almost gave up but learned it was not the technology but rather me not understanding the art of making sure the App worked the way it was designed.

In order to have all the functions working, one must have the wireless connection working because otherwise only the time will work on your mobile phone.

Below is part of my training and from last week which is really a shame because between my journey across Florida and my training for the upcoming two weeks I never worked harder.

Therefore, I guess this blog posting is to give credit to MapMyRide and promote their App while letting you know I am still moving along in the heat of Florida doing my 27 -67 journey across Florida.

Joseph Cofield's WEEKLY FITNESS REPORT
07/05/2015​ - ​07/11/2015

 

Workouts
Hours
Distance
Calories
5
4.85
33.02
1872

Someone asked me did I really complete my journey in the heat. Well the Patriots committed their wealth, their homes, and many their lives for their belief. What a little heat during my journey across Florida for the opportunity to get the United States Constitution booklets in the hands of all our 5th grade students in Florida.


 
It is all about getting the mission accomplished!
 
Doing what is necessary to get those Constitution booklets in the hands of youth!
 
"The price of freedom is responsibility, but it is a bargain, because freedom is priceless."
---Hugh Downs
 
Joseph

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Joseph - Keep up the great work. You should let Richard Dreyfus know as he is startign a civics education movement for kids up in New York City. Check out the story in this weekend's Wall Street Journal. I will send you the link. Hope others see how easy it is to comment on your blog and start doing it here too.

Peggy said...

Joseph - Keep up the great work. You should let Richard Dreyfus know as he is startign a civics education movement for kids up in New York City. Check out the story in this weekend's Wall Street Journal. I will send you the link. Hope others see how easy it is to comment on your blog and start doing it here too.

Joseph Cofield said...

Hello Peggy,
Thanks for the nice comment and for the information about Richard Dreyfus. I look forward to check out the story.

Joseph