Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Post Two of Three From my Journey in Pinellas County...

July 20, 2015

As I decided to take another day of rest before heading again to Lakeland and completing my travel to the counties of Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, and Lake this week; I decided to show you another reason why being in Pinellas was so much fun.

Please check out the "Salutes" from two old soldiers who spent many field exercises in the cold weather of Germany.


My mentor and dear friend Dr. Robert Safransky (Dr. S.) met at the School District of Pinellas where he taught for many years and serviced as an administrator while finding time to open up a brand new school that impacted the lives so many young children who are now adults and doing well in life.

You never know what you will find what you enter a school district. One of the things that impressed me immediately was the Liberty Bell out front to greet a person upon entering the administration office. Being that I am representing the Liberty Institute and promoting the Constitution, I figured that they had the Liberty Bell outside to greet me coming on campus. I was told once I was inside that was not the case. The Liberty Bell has greeted many others and I was just one of the many.


A little known fact in Florida's history:

Did you know?

Lawton Chiles trekked thirty-one miles from La Belle to Clewiston, the "Sweetest Town in America."

(Walkin' Lawton, John Dos Passos Coggin, p. 106)

Joseph

No comments: