Constituton Project, Inc.

The Mission: Constitution Project, Inc., a Florida non-profit, was founded by Joseph Cofield, for the purpose of putting a copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence in the hands of every 5th grade student in Florida. That is a huge task, as there are over 200,000 5th graders in 67 different Florida counties, but progress ​ is being made thanks to Joseph's extraordinary efforts!

The How: Joseph began his mission in April 2014 and since then, many amazing things have happened. To gather support for his mission, in April of 2015 he began his 27 - 67 Journey Across Florida - visiting each of the 67 Florida counties, riding his bike 21 miles and running 6 in each county (one mile for each of the 27 Amendments). That is over 1,800 difficult miles meeting with state and county officials, school personnel and service organizations.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Post Three of Three From my Journey Across Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties

July 21, 2015

Time to hit the road again today.

However, I would like to share my final post 3 of 3 from the great time in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.

Before heading to Hillsborough, I met three wonderful ladies during my breakfast at the Hampton Inn; and two of ladies were from New York visiting Florida for a wedding. We had a great time sharing the Constitution. As someone pointed out there are really five figures in the picture because these people are having church and studying the Constitution.

We told Shirley were serving the "J's" for at the Inn because we had so much fun here in Pinellas County.

Please do look carefully when you are viewing the picture and you will see Joan, Shirley, Joseph, Judy, and Jesus around the table at the Inn:

One must be so careful with time in Pinellas County because you can run into so many wonderful people. Below is some wonderful people from Tallahassee who took some Constitution booklets and material so when I get to Leon County there will be some serious celebrating of the Constitution going on. If all goes well, I should be in Tallahassee on August 3, 2015 as I continue my journey across Florida. You will get to meet these three wonderful people during my travel to Leon County.

Talking about meeting people, one must visit Tampa and see the many people working at the third largest school district in Florida and the 8th largest school district in the United States. I had a great time visiting the Hillsborough School District and well as observing some of the 300 schools which were near the MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. The history of this school district is filled with some great stories.

Superintendent Jeff Eakins just took over on July 1, 2015 and he is taking the School Board Members and staff on a retreat and plan out the school year. Therefore, I will return to visit with him. If you want to hear some of the wonderful things in store for the Hillsborough County Schools visit the video posted on the Hillsborough County website and you will be in for a treat.

Since I did not meet directly with the Superintendent, I took the opportunity to visit with the staff and admire Superintendent huge work place both inside and outside. Please take a look of what you find in downtown Tampa at the school district.






I had so such a great time in both Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties. It now very easy to see why I needed to the entire weekend and Monday to recoup my energy to move onward. When you see this welcoming sign you are going to be in store for a great time.


"And now abideth faith, hope, and charity, but the greatest of these is charity."

I saw a wonderful poem written by a student from my great friend Mike and once I get permission from him and the student I will post the beautiful poem but it means of love and I felt great love during my journey across Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.

Joseph

No comments: